“A peek at the Saint Joseph’s Oratory”

Travel

Saint Joseph’s Oratory is the largest church in Canada. It is one of the major tourist attractions here in the island of Montreal. This church is not only a place to attend a mass but also to visit its art museum and gardens located around the church.

Today I want to show you around the church.

You will be greeted by this monument at the gates of the church.

Below is the Basilica where the major masses are being held. They offer masses in both French and English.

Below is an area where you can offer your prayers to Saint Joseph. You can light a candle after putting your donation at the donation box.

I personally prefer this area to offer prayers whenever I visit here in Saint Joseph.

Another area to visit is the tomb of Brother Andre Bessette which is located just below the oratory’s main chapel. He was the one who founded the building of this church. His heart, which was stolen in 1973 and was recovered in December of 1974 is preserved in a reliquary located at the same oratory. (Source: Wikipedia)

The church also reserved a place where you can learn and see the life of Brother Andre.

Below is the reliquary where Brother Andre’s heart is placed.

A picture of Brother Andre

You can also see a section where these crutches are hanged. This symbolizes all the people that Brother Andre healed.

Below is another chapel inside the oratory.

And of course, the beautiful view just in front of the chapel.

Hope you guys enjoyed this little tour.!

Happy Thanksgiving to my neighbors in the US! Hope you guys have a good one.

Facebook Instagram Twitter Bloglovin’

Much love❀️❀️??,

Arlene Kischaen Aboli

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

No Comments

• Tom Schultz
    November 24, 2016 at 7:19 PM

What a beautiful church. And quite a coincidence because I was just listening to Suzanne by Leonard Cohen. “The sun pours down like honey on our Lady of the Harbour,” which is in old Montreal. I’ve never visited the city, but would like to one day.

• milfordstreet
    November 24, 2016 at 7:48 PM

I was here years ago. It is beautiful. You captured it beautifully. Are these recent images? Do you have snow already? Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes. ?

• thatgirlArlene
      November 24, 2016 at 7:59 PM

You’re welcome ?
      I took these pictures earlier today and yes we already we have snow. It started just a few days ago.
      Enjoy the rest of your thanksgiving day?

• milfordstreet
        November 24, 2016 at 8:04 PM

Wow. We’ve just had a dusting of snow the other day. It’s gone now. It looks lovely there.
        Thank you, we are about to have pumpkin pie. ?

November 25, 2016 at 1:55 AM

We did visit Montreal many years ago and it remains a fond memory. We enjoyed our trip and especially Old Montreal. St. Joseph’s was amazing. Thank you for a welcome remembrance of a delightful trip. Well done. :o)

• jfwknifton
    November 25, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Yes, it was a great tour! Thanks.

• Daal
    November 26, 2016 at 1:44 AM

• “Basilique Note-Dame de Montreal” – thatgirlArlene
    December 18, 2016 at 7:45 PM

[…] I shared a little tour at the Saint Joseph Oratory which is the largest church in Canada.Β (ClickΒ hereΒ to view old post) SoΒ today I want to give you another tour to another historical church here in […]

• %d bloggers like this: